Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hey Diddle Diddle the Cat (I mean dog!) and the Fiddle

Dakota was sick with fever when I got home from work this evening at almost 7 p.m. We were supposed to go to a Church function (prayer band service), but he was too sick to go. I took him home and he ate something and took some Motrin and started feeling better.

Emily has started back to fiddle class at school. She is doing realllllllllllly good! She has so much talent. Bo (our dog) is excited about it all too. He knocked Emily's door off the wall, literally. He likes to lay on her bed and so when we leave, we close the door. He runs at it so hard that he pushed it in. Wayne is going to have to fix it tomorrow. It is just propped up now. I got really upset with him (Bo, I mean). We put him in the bathroom for a few hours to think about what he had done. As soon as I came home and saw what he had done, he ran and hid. He knew exactly what was going on. It is like he knows when he is in trouble before you even say a word. He is too smart for his own good, but if he doesn't quit tearing our doors off the wall, he is going to become a very smart outside dog, I'm afraid.

I am having to work a lot of late evenings with my job. I have about had all I can take. If it wasn't for the wonderful people I work with, I just don't think I could stand the pressure.

Oops! The door and frame just got taken down completely! Well, Emily said, "My door looks so much bigger." That is not the way I look at it. I am not happy about this at all. :(

Wayne is off for the next FIVE days. I wish I could be too. We are looking forward to the hayrides and hopefully getting to visit Rob and Amy and Melanie and Darrin this weekend. I HATE to miss Church in Mountain View, but we will have too if we are able to go pick up Destiny, but we can go to Austin to The Church of God there.

Destiny's leg is getting better! Thank the Lord for that! She is getting sooooo tall, maybe that is why it was doing what it was doing with all the pain and everything.

Most of my neices are coming to the hayride this weekend. I am so happy about that! They are still enjoying the Bible Detective Series at Church on Wednesday nights too.

Dakota is growing some beans for a project at school. So far he has 1 sprout out of 5. That one is almost 5 inches tall in just 8 days. It is growing so fast. He has to keep a log of the progress and then turn it in to his Science teacher in a week or so for a grade. He had to turn in a Science box today. He had some very interesting stuff in it, like a snake skin hatband his dad made from a dead rattlesnake he found, some quartz, a heart shaped rock, some shells, some gourds, and other things too. His teacher thought it was great. This week is parent teacher conference. I wonder how their grades will be? Emily has only ever made one B and that was at 9 weeks, never anything but A's at semester. Dakota usually does well too. He has more trouble staying still though and sometimes gets in trouble for "duckwalking" in class and various other things boys like to do. They are so different and they torment one another almost constantly. I hope they turn out to be great friends in the years to come though.

The ladies I work with gave me some of the nicest gifts for Bosses Day. I just appreciate them so much! They are great. They are the ones deserving of the gifts- they do such a great job. The card from Sharp County was hilarious. I can't believe I get to work with such wonderful people. God has really blessed me abundantly and I am so thankful to Him.

Well, I guess I should go to bed soon, AFTER I turn off that fiddle song Emily has on repeat in her room on the CD player. It is playing the same thing over and over and over and over and is about to drive me insane! She thinks she can absorb some more of it while she sleeps apparently.

See all of you later!

2 comments:

Jason Mullins said...

That must be one big dog! I did not know you had a blog. How cool!

Jason Mullins said...

To be such a writer, there sure aren't any new posts on here. *grins*