Thursday, December 20, 2007

New Baby for Christmas!

My computer came with a mini wireless card but I could never get it to work. I finally took it to the computer shop (CompuPro- they are great!) today and it was as simple as could be to connect. I can't believe I waited so long. I would have had the DSL services disconnected a year ago had I know about this.

We are having a Christmas program including a play at Church on December 23. The kids are all excited about it, except Dakota is disappointed because though his part is the lead, he does not get to "dress up" in anything and everyone else does.


Amy had the baby, a girl, just like I thought! She weighed 9 pounds and 3 oz and is 19 inches long. I can't wait to see her. She actually has dark hair. Her name is Kaylee Briann Montgomery. There are pictures of her on their blog but I'm going to paste one here too. To see the others, visit Amy and Rob's blog at this link. http://montyrt2007.blogspot.com/




I let Bo out last night to potty and he disappeared after about 1 minute and didn't come home. I finally gave up and went to bed. When Wayne left at 5:50 a.m. today, Bo was waiting expectantly on the front porch wet and reallllllllly wanting in. It was after 1 a.m. and I finally gave up that he was coming back so I finally closed and locked the doors (are yelling for him many, many times). Maybe he will learn someday not to run off.

We had Christmas dinner with our Church family and then we went to my Grandma's and had dinner there too (on the same day!) We have been caroling to a few shut-ins with Church and the ladies had a little get together at Sister Conway's house and took her small gifts from each one and she was so excited and surprised. She is so sweet. This will be a hard time for her since she lost her husband of 50 + years this year. She just hasn't been able to completely recover from the loss. He was a precious man.

Emily is gone tonight with her cousins. They had a big day today working on their play costumes. They sat up until 2 a.m. sewing and making halos. They are angels (of all things) in the play. :)

The kids are out of school until the 2nd of January and we are so excited about Christmas.

We love all of you and don't forget the reason for the season (and for all seasons for that matter)- JESUS! If you don't know Him as your personal Savior, ask Him into your heart TODAY with delay.

Love, the Dixon's

1 comment:

Pam said...

Merry Christmas to the Dixon family. I was excited for Amy to get to have the baby on her grandfather's birthday. Have a wonderful Christmas. Tell all of your family hello.